Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2D action game with RPG elements -WIP-

edited May 2012 in General Posts: 196

Hey all,

Here is an early WIP of an action game with some RPG elements tossed in that I'm working on.

It is actually based on a old project I started a long time ago (which was based on an even older projects), but lost motivation when I said byebye to most of my art/code due to harddisk failure: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=75563

Anyway, the gameplay will remain the same, but the idea is to have 2D graphics like the ones found in Mika Mobile games (it's both gorgeous and easier to work on as a one man team).
Apart from moving from 3D to 2D, the other difference is that multiplayer will be split screen, since Codea doesn't offer networking.

Note that the recording is slowing things down a lot, as it actually goes very fast on my iPad 1 with 50 animated toons spitting spell effects, then it starts dropping below 50fps (actual game won't allow more than 12 toons on screen, meaning 5 summons for each player).

As you can see in the video, character events and animation system is complete, and so is sprite sheet animation (used for spell effects).
The art here is obviously temporary and lacking, while I'm actually starting to like the style :P

Let me know what you think, or if you have any ideas you'd like to share

Cheers,

Xavier

Comments