Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Basic Asset Picker using the new asset key API

Here’s a basic interface for browsing through your assets. It was entirely made on IPhone, so I don’t know how it will look like on iPad.
Also, it’s poorly optimized, but it still was able to open some of the biggest built in assets.
Have fun with it!

Comments

• dave1707dave1707 Mod
    edited January 10 Posts: 8,723

@dadaroulin Wow, nice job. It looks really nice. So far the only changes are to add viewer.mode=FULLSCREEN at the start of Main to get ride of the overlay screen. I haven’t tried it on my iPhone yet to see what it look like there. You must have good eyesight to do this on an iPhone. I’ll play with it more later. I currently watching the football playoffs.

PS. Pressing Done doesn’t take you back to the editor. Don’t know if that was your intention or not.

• dave1707dave1707 Mod
    edited January 10 Posts: 8,723

@dadaroulin Some suggestions. If you tap a png file, display the image. If it’s a text file, display the text, etc. I do something like that in one of my earlier asset programs. I think that would make your code complete.

• @dave1707 Thanks for your feedback! Pressing Done only closes the interface since this is supposed to be a part of another program. But your suggestions are really good! I think I’m going to work on that and I’ll maybe post an updated version of it here.

• edited January 11 Posts: 1,898
    @dadaroulin - loaded your project, crashed when I ran it but this is no surprise as it happened with @dave1707 s file lister - which was related to the number of records that we're loaded. I think he got round it by paging a fixed number.

One way forward could be a numbers map and then pageing from the map numbers. Or, you could do it by subdirectory depth.