Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is one tab not being imported as a dependency?

in Questions Posts: 972

I have project A that’s using project B as a dependency.

Project B has four tabs other than Main.

In the dependency list it only says three tabs are available—any clues as to why?

Tagged:

Comments

the main tab is not included in dependencies and if i remember correctly only tabs with classes are included, and only classes are passed in the dependency, so any raw tables or functions are not going to be referential either

@skar - are you sure about that, I’m sure I have been able to use tables, stored in one tab, in a dependency. But, I may have included them in a function and called the function to initialise them.

Terminating and re-launching Codea fixed the problem. Odd.

@UberGoober - had you just installed/upgraded Codea or a beta. The first project run generally crashes so it could be related to that.

@Bri_G I had upgraded but about half a day ago.

I added the fourth tab after the project was initially created--it started with three tabs (not counting Main), and then I worked in another project, and then before using the first one as a dependency I went back and added a fourth.

I kept opening and closing the project I was using as a dependency, and the project I wanted to use the dependency in, to alternately make sure there were actually four tabs and that only three were showing up as available in the dependency list.

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

If a tab is added to a project that’s already checked as a dependency, Codea has to be closed and reopened for that tab to show up. Also, a tab can have anything in it and it will show as a dependency. The only tab not use is Main.

@dave1707 that makes sense, but I checked and unchecked the dependency and it didn't refresh.

I also unchecked it, closed the project, and reopened the project, and the dependency tabs didn't refresh.

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@UberGoober Not the project, but Codea itself.

oh this is maybe why i thought it's not importing other files, i'll have to test it out later