Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Integrating Game Center (Part 2) Tutorial

edited October 2012 in General Posts: 563

Part 2 of the integrating Game Center Tutorial is out now!

http://codeatuts.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/tutorial-20-integrating-game-centre.html

This tute deals with what you need to do from an iTunes Connect perspective.

Comments

Thank you @Reefwing. I'm going to try to update my game with this and then work on my second game. Looking forward to seeing how to create a universal app and iAds. Thanks again

Thanks @Reefwing, it is interesting as always.

• edited October 2012 Posts: 563

Thanks @Fred.

.@veeeralp - Part 3 will contain the Lua and Objective C code required. I will need to extend @juaxix's example to handle multiple leaderboards and achievements. iAds will be next off the blocks. I know you are hanging out for this. It should be relatively straight forward - but I've been wrong about this before.

.@Reefwing haha thanks. Do you think it would be possible to create a universal app with iAds, that what i want to do

.@veeeralp - I can't see why it wouldn't be possible. You just would need to select a different ad banner size based on the device.

.@Reefwing ok thanks. can't wait for the tutorial

Thanks for your love and work @Reefwing

.@Reefwing what method are you going to use to make the app universal? I'm really counting on your tutorials

.@juaxix - You did all the hard work! I've forked your code on github to handle multiple leader-boards and achievements but I'm not happy with it yet. I should be able to clean it up this weekend.

.@veeeralp - sorry for the delay, I've been away and my iPad had a melt down. Regarding the universal app thingy, for Objective C you can use UI_USER_INTERFACE_IDIOM or [UIDevice currentDevice] for Lua/Codea I would probably just test the screen width (unless someone has a better idea?).

• Hey @Reefwing - I tried your Game Center and iAd Add-ons, and it appears they no longer work in Xcode 6. It would be VERY helpful if you could get them working again- Thanks!