Where in the world are we?

edited February 2013 in General Posts: 182

Quick question, Which country are we all in?

Ill Start:

Im from Ghana, i now live in Australia in Sydney

Tagged:

Comments

• dave1707dave1707 Mod
    edited February 2013 Posts: 7,155

.@Simeon Is there any way to add a home country to our preferences page. I've been curious as to where everyone is from also. I see a lot of activity on the forum when I look in the morning, so I figure a lot of people live east of me. I'm from Ohio, USA. @Dalorbi, you're almost on the other side of the Earth from me.

Hi@Dalorbi,

UK here. Anybody up to setting up an interactive map with the numbers on.

Bri_G

:-)

• IgnatzIgnatz Mod
    edited February 2013 Posts: 5,396

Perth, Australia, hot hot hot

• Jmv38Jmv38 Mod

Grenoble, France

Norway.... up north .... cold all the time

• London, England, Home of the Queen... :-D

• Montréal, Canada. Not so cold here ;)

Hi all,

Bangkok, Thailand. It's very hot here.

Johannesburg, South Africa :D

• Seattle, Washington, USA

Norrköping, Sweden. Snow and time to take the train to work.

You mean code an interactive map in Codea for it, right? :)

• edited February 2013 Posts: 2,161

.@warox hvilken by i Norge? Vanligvis sitter jeg i Trondheim. ( Men dette året er jeg i Storbritannia)

• Marche-en-Famenne, BELGIUM

The Shire, Sydney, Australia, 3rd planet from the Sun, The Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Cluster, The Universe.

We seem to be scattered across the ends of the earth. I think an interactive map is a great idea.

Hi @Reefwing,

Thought the Shire was in Middle Earth?

Nah - it's not in Oz it's in New Zealand (every few years while they make the films).

Hi@tnlogy - yeah an interactive map. Could do that with Excel or Powerpoint but will have to check to see what we can do in Codea.

Bri_G

:-)

• Rhoon (south of Rotterdam), The Netherlands

.@Bri_G - Sutherland Shire = the only true Shire, although you UK folk and our Kiwi friends may disagree. :-)

• We have lots of shires here @Reefwing - York-shire, Lanca-shire, Leicester-shire.... :-p

And of course, Oxford-shire where the Shire was originally written about.

Whilst acknowledging that perhaps we didn't invent the concept of a shire, the extremely authoritative Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shire) states: Sutherland Shire = "The Shire"

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Although I fear I may be drifting off topic! I thought that @Andrew_Stacey would correct my intergalactic address.

• Banska Bystrica, Slovakia, the heart of the Europe :)

near Frankfurt, Germany

• New Zealand originally, but London UK

• Russia, Moscow
    Россия, Москва

• JohnJohn Admin Mod

Adelaide, South Australia

• Originally from Bucharest Romania, normally living in Birmingham uk but now in Ohio.
    PS since the original two towers are in Brum I think the original shire is obvious

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

.@corneliuhoffman Where at in Ohio. I'm in Oberlin, 30 miles SW of Cleveland.

Hey @Andrew_Stacey jeg kommer fra tromsø og bor hær men jeg skal flytte til trondheim og gå på rødde folkehøyskole etter sommeren

• edited February 2013 Posts: 132

@Dave1708 I'm in bowling green 20 miles south of Toledo

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

.@Corneliuhoffman That puts us about 85 miles apart. Been through there a couple of times.

near Aachen, Germany

Austin, Texas

• near Cologne, Germany

Eugene/Springfield area, Oregon.

• Originally Pensacola, FL, USA but moved to Birmingham, AL, USA (Vestavia Hills area) for school and stayed because of my wife. Loving Codea. Keep up the great work.

Glasgow, Scotland

Hello World I live in Frejus / StRaphael between St-Tropez and Cannes in France.

St. Louis, Missouri (well nigh in the middle of the US for those who aren't from these parts) where it is currently very cold and very wet, and will soon be very hot and very dry. At any given moment it's sure to have more or less the most miserable weather available, and you get the bonus of not having an ocean or a moutain to see for a thousand miles in any direction.

But you do have a really big arch!

• Toulouse France

• Pangasinan,Philippines

San Francisco, CA — USA
    Codea is very inspiring!

Jerusalem Israel

Southeast Alabama, USA.

Roll Tide!

Good Old South Bend, Indiana, USA.
    Its nice here... if you don't mind the complete and utter flatness

wx,near Shanghai,China

Milan, Italy here :)

@warox,
    If you think its cold there all the time, try living in Alberta, Canada! We are known for our winters!

• IgnatzIgnatz Mod

I wish we could get some of that. We have been well over 30C/90F for the past couple of months, and we have to shave the fur off our cats to keep them cool ( ;-) actually I'd get scratched to ribbons if I tried that).