Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Colours and interactive levers

edited June 2013 in General Posts: 105

Hi

I have 2 questions about coloring objects and controlling 2d levers.
1. When i have a line and i want to color it to a random colour, then i use "stroke(blue)" and that works well. Later i add "ellipse" and i want it to have a different colour than the line so i write "stroke(red)". I play my game and both the line and the ellipse is now red. How do I change the ellipse color without changing the line to thesame colour? Do i have to use tint or something?

2.I have a plan of making a flight sim and add som views to it, a 2d cockpit for example. The problem it that i want to be able to move the lever when i swipe with my finger! More advanced: I have imported a leverimage and putting it x=400, y=10. The lever is pointing upwards. Ok, now I take the touch function and write that if you touch (BEGAN and MOVE) at the top of the lever and swipe you finger from x to x, the top of the lever willfolow where you have you finger in the x direction. This without changing that the bottom of the lever is still at x=400. This is what i want but how?

Comments

• IgnatzIgnatz Mod
    edited June 2013 Posts: 5,396

in answer to question 1, change colours between your drawings, like so

stroke(blue)
    draw line
    stroke(red)
    draw ellipse

Thanks

• IgnatzIgnatz Mod

The second question.

You need to use the touched function to pick up the BEGAN event and test if it is cloe enough to the top of the lever. Then you can use MOVING to track the swipe.