Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

( OFF TOPIC ) Xcode on windows

edited November 2013 in Suggestions Posts: 239

I was thinking, you have to buy a mac to get Xcode to make/sell applications for the App Store. What if you get virtualbox https://www.virtualbox.org and have it running the Mac OS.

Comments

I've suggested it multiple times, and done it myself. It's easily possible (maybe not that easy for some).

• edited November 2013 Posts: 239

Maybe some people aren't familliar with virtualbox. I have not used it myself but with a few tutorials on the internet you should be able to use the software.

• Well, with Maverics being made free, that should simplify things. I am wondering what apple thinks about all the pre-built images you can download, that are already set up to work with VMWare or virtualbox. Earlier, that was considered piracy, but now that it is free, I have no idea. However, it is probably best to just go the safe route, and not even go there.

@Eccfcco15 I'm pretty sure a developer license has to link with a mac computer license to authenticate it, you wouldn't be able to release apps from VMWare.. Correct me if I'm wrong?

@Luatee, as far as im aware, you can distribute app's using VMware