Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New ebook on lighting in Codea

IgnatzIgnatz Mod
edited December 2013 in Code Sharing Posts: 5,396

I've written a new ebook on lighting in Codea, here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrpxu6hghcsdrhx/Lighting in 3D.pdf

And this is the sort of effects it produces

Note - if you want to understand this, you should know something about shaders first (I have another ebook on those, see the wiki page).

I'm finalising a lighting library that can be plugged into any project. The problem with such a library is that the more it can do, the slower it gets, so I've built this one to generate custom lighting shaders that only include the items you need - and they can be printed out to a code tab so you can copy them into your projects.

Comments

• Haven't started reading yet, but the video makes it look good

Nice! Have you ever suggested getting a job in writing manuals/tutorials? JK.

• IgnatzIgnatz Mod

@Zoyt - too late for that, I'm retired :D

@Ignatz - Ahh... That explains all the extra time you have, compared to me. Anyways, great job, and thanks.

Very hard working for a retiree! All you're books are very in depth and quickly explain what is to be achieved before diving in to these swimming pools of knowledge you call ebooks that you keep building everywhere! Great job @Ignatz and thanks for another tutorial :)

• The link is broken :(

Does someone knows where can I find it? :smiley:

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@MrAgeo Try the Wiki link at the top of the page. There’s a lot of Ignatz things there and maybe one of those might help.

• @dave1707 Thanks! As you said there are more ebooks written by Ignatz (and also Lua/Codea tutorials)