Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Importing .codea files in latest Codea - workarounds

2»

Comments

e-mail export is not in the current production build 1.2.7

• BortelsBortels Mod

Well, boo - the app store rules say nothing about exporting code.

• FWIW, some people (me, fer instance) export projects primarily for the purpose of backing them up. I just finished copy-pasting the content of about a dozen tabs into a text file, so I could upload it to Dropbox. :( So I hope the good people at Apple will lighten up.

Davidhof, for backup I use iexplorer and copy/paste the entire codea directory at once.

• NatNat

@Zoyt: people have complained that it is very difficult to select and copy an entire code file from GitHub's repository browser when using Safari on the iPad. So a bookmarklet might be useful to make that process easier.

• BortelsBortels Mod

the decodea site apparently deals poorly with .codea files with spaces in the name. Will look into it later today - until then, removing spaces from the .codea filename is a simple workaround.

Mabel add a "Open from URL" option for iPad users so you don't have to use a computer.

Awesome. It almost drives me insane when people use old version of codea then post projects (no offense of course) but I really want to do them but can't.