xCodea lets you seamlessly switch working on your Codea project from your iPad to your laptop/desktop (and back), to take advantage of
- a proper keyboard!
- extended screen estate thanks to your 4 monitors
- your favourite text editor/IDE, with powerful features such as
- advanced code navigation with fast keyboard shortcuts
- inline or external documentation always visible
- being able to easily find and integrate code snippets (or whole libraries) from the internet without interrupting your workflow
- git (or your favourite SCM) for versioning, experimentation, and team collaboration, integrated into your workflow
- powerful tools for managing large projects with lots of files and dependencies
And most importantly:
- your project runs live (on your iPad) - you see the effect of changes in the code in (almost) realtime
- your project runs in a sandbox - whenever you make a mistake only that part of the code is affected, while the rest of the project keeps running; fix the error and you're right back in the program flow without restarting anything
Screencast demo (if the embed works)
The code (and a more detailed readme) is here: https://github.com/lowne/xCodea
Criticism, suggestions, bug reports and contributions are more than welcome!