Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Codea 2.0 Bugs

edited March 2014 in Bugs Posts: 182

Hate to be that guy but...
Here's nice little compiled list of Codea 2.0 Bugs

Problem: Shader Lab won't autocomplete (pressing tab or the little green square does noting)

Example:

//This is the current model * view * projection matrix
// Codea sets it automatically
uniform mat4 modelViewProjection;

//This is the current mesh vertex position, color and tex coord
// Set automatically
attribute vec4 position;
attribute vec4 color;
attribute vec2 texCoord;

//This is an output variable that will be passed to the fragment shader
varying lowp vec4 vColor;
varying highp vec2 vTexCoord;

void main()
{
    //Pass the mesh color to the fragment shader
    vColor = color;
    vTexCoord = vec2(texCoord.x, texC); // texC(oord) will not auto complete 
    //Multiply the vertex position by our combined transform
    gl_Position = modelViewProjection * position;
}

Comments

That's not really a bug, and it's not specific to Codea 2.0. AirCode only runs setup when you first start it, or use CMD+R, not when it updates between the client and the server.

@SkyTheCoder, changed it to a proper bug (i think)

• IgnatzIgnatz Mod

@Dalorbi - when I repeat that in the Shader Lab, it shows me the error

• edited March 2014 Posts: 182

@Ignatz thats odd? I'll post a picture for you to see
    Picture of the bug
    edit: Thats a lot bigger than i expected, was i meant to crop it?

Images on the Codea forums are messed up.

To fix your problem: try pressing that red button on the right of the screen. ;)

@SkyTheCoder oops, feel a bit silly now...
    Should i remove the picture?

• edited March 2014 Posts: 182

I'm at it again, this time with a proper bug. if it's not one however, i guess that's the end of this discussion

I've noticed that too, forgot to mention it. That's a real bug.

Nothing*

phew, finally got a real bug

• edited March 2014 Posts: 1,595

Another bug is long pressing until the (select | select all | copy) touch menu comes up, if you press select, it does absolutely nothing.

Edit I take that back, only in certain situations with symbols etc, words do work.

I noticed that if I delete big chunks of code, i cant access the tab order

@CodeaNoob thats a bug when the code in the tab is too short it doesnt show the top bar. Generally, pulling up and then down will get it back.

• edited March 2014 Posts: 501

The 'line wrapping issue' is fixed, but selector-marks are still shifted!

i see a strange behaviour using the video tool....

the first time i make a video it works as expected i.e. the 'made in codea' text appears and when i finish the video i have an option to save or discard the video. The second time i try the 'made in codea' does not appear and i cannot run the program. Exiting and restarting will make it ok again for the first try. Anybody else have the same behaviour?

Shader lab slows down when live editing updates and it eventually gets to about 2 FPS then I close and re open shader lab which puts it back to 60fps

Multi-line comments are broken: the new real-time editor errors think that text in a multi-line comment is filled with syntax errors, and won't let you start up your project.

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@SkyTheCoder Do you have an example. I've used multi line comments in 2.0 since just after I started beta testing it and haven't had any trouble.

I concur with @dave1707. They work great (they do take a second to register as comments though)

@JakAttak Huh. It works now. I guess it just took a second to register.

@SkyTheCoder block comments and block strings take about a second to pop up as red or green again between typing, throws me off sometimes.

I've come across a possible bug.

1. Start a new project
    2. Type sprite() in draw loop and select an image ( say Cargo bot title)
    3. Hit undo

The last few characters of the command are retained and appended to the empty sprite command - sprite()ot Title")

Anyone else getting this?

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@West I see it too. Nice find.

Cheers for checking @dave1707 - have added it to the tracker

• edited March 2014 Posts: 547

idk if anyone else had this before, and i don't know what causes this yet
    But sometimes, after running a program and returning to the editor, the tabs dissapear, like this:
    http://m.imgur.com/qxEUdNU

After scrolling a bit (just make sure the tab-bar isn't on screen anymore), the tabbar returns after going back up

edit: just touching inside the editor, and then scrolling your finger down will do the trick to fix it, bit it keeps happening to me rather frequently

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@stevon8ter I came across that when I was beta testing 2.0 . I thought @Simeon fix it, but maybe it broke again in another release.

@dave1707 just thought i'd let you know it's still there ;p

but good to know I'm not the first and only one who has/had this bug

@stevon8ter @dave1707 When I created my first project in Codea 2.0, I got that bug, and couldn't make any new tabs. I thought tabs had somehow been removed at first. :P

• edited March 2014 Posts: 547

@SkyTheCoder I can imagine you felt like: 'omg... what...? where are my tabs...? what? help? HELP?!'

kinda like that? xp

"elseif" and "else" don't indent correctly.

Anyone else getting an occasional "WARNING: -finishWriting should not be called on the main thread." logged in the runtime?

• Jmv38Jmv38 Mod

Editor autoindent bug

this is minor, but autoindent gives this:

if type(data) == "table"
        then self[key] = data.value
            else self[key] = data
        end

while 'then' and 'else' should be aligned.

• Jmv38Jmv38 Mod
    edited March 2014 Posts: 3,295

Editor crash

when i do:
    1/ run saveproject(tab,text).
    2/ stop the project running, inspect tab,
    3/ select tab content and delete or cut it,
    then codea crashes systematically.

• edited April 2014 Posts: 20

Here's a (redraw?) bug in the built-in editor. In the pic below, even though you have a return character at the end the line after the "then" the next line down is overwriting the one below it. Not sure how to replicate but has happened a few times. Going to another tab and back redraws OK.

• edited April 2014 Posts: 20

And another editor bug this time in Aircode but only experienced in Safari so far, not Chrome. This is similar to what the built in editor in Codea used to do. Basically, although the picture doesn't show it, if I were to type or delete where the insertion point is on the line the text will add to or deleted from the end of line i.e. the "]". Essentially the insertion point is in the wrong location.
    @se24vad I think it is possibly the same as your problem?

• IgnatzIgnatz Mod

@todddixon - I've edited your earlier post to embed the image. If you press Edit on that post, you will see how to do it.

Cheers mate. Just some simple HTML, eh? I should have played more!

• edited April 2014 Posts: 152

I have noted the following:

1) Calling music(nil) crashes Codea (I stupidly did this to try and stop the music instead of using music.stop()

2) When using find, as soon as you navigate to e.g. the first occurrence and make a change the find results disappear and the search term gets blanked out, really annoying when you want to review a series of occurrences, have to keep typing the search term back in

3) Case-sensitive find/replace would be massively useful, I'm sure there's an issue in the tracker ;)

4) Codea splash screen no longer appears in 2.0 when app built

Brookesi

• Jmv38Jmv38 Mod
    edited April 2014 Posts: 3,295

Video recording bug.

see http://codea.io/talk/discussion/comment/44011#Comment_44011 there is a few lines on top of the image that are wrong (ghosting).

• edited April 2014 Posts: 1,595

1) == bug '==' turns in to '= ' with a space where the second equals sign should be.
    2) only one colour preview being shown:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b31jbhidwnnnh0q/2014-04-02 20.46.32.png
    3) sprite bug in multiline string:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cn4gytwt6em2kh/2014-04-06 12.43.19.png

@Luatee, the == bug came up over and over again during the beta. Simeon said that fixing it is hard because "== one seems to be hard-wired into the iOS keyboard. (iOS actually simulates a backspace when that series of characters is inserted in succession.)"

@JakAttak I'm not sure how it could be too hard if it was possible in 1.5.5? But that makes sense, I'll stick to holding down the equals sign and using the double equals from there.

@Luatee, probably something new in the iOS 7 Keyboard. Codea 1.5.5 used the iOS 6 keyboard

@JakAttak that explains it, forgot it kept the other keyboard.