Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta 2.1 (1)

123457»

Comments

@simeon the autocomplete bar shows up, but not above the keyboard. The bar appears in the lower left corner of the screen.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@Mark It's supposed to show up in the lower left above the keyboard (not overlapping it). Is it overlapping the keyboard in any way?

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

Build 2.1 (18) is a release candidate. Hoping to submit it tonight.

• Jmv38Jmv38 Mod

problems:
    - when duplicating 'myProject' to 'MyProject' codea says 'project already exists', but it wont find it with the wrong capitals...
    - when editing a new text asset: the semi transparent background make it impossible to see what is being written.
    - when an error in editor with long message: impossible to read the whole message, even if i tap on the error red bar: bery annoying for debugging.
    - when dependency from project A to a project B that has error inside: project A wont run, but no error message saying what is wrong.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@jmv38 I left the transparent background in— damn! I was debugging some code and forgot to disable it. Thanks for finding it!

Projects need to be specified case-sensitive, but two projects with the same name in different cases cannot exist (file system issue). So this is reasonable I think.

I'll look at the other issues. Project dependencies are definitely supposed to give an error. The long errors might not be fixed this update.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@Jmv38 thanks again for the report. B20 fixes most of these.

Confusing bugs: you can't create a project with the same name as an example, if you previously had a project with the same name as an example, its contents and icon are overwritten by the example's code, if you try to make changes to either of the same-named projects the changes are not saved, and if you close one of the same-named projects you end up in the project browser at the location of the other.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@SkyTheCoder thanks for the bug report — I forgot about that situation. I will have to rectify it in the first bug fix update. Can you tell me which project name this happened to you with?

@Simeon It was with the Lines example. After thinking for a while of what was in that project, I realized it overwrote one of my WIP drawing programs...

Pressing the little camera icon to take a screenshot with the displayMode() set to OVERLAY results in an image of the right side of the screen, not showing anything behind the sidebar (which is visible because it's OVERLAY)

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@SkyTheCoder but how did you have a project called Lines to begin with? Codea has never let you create projects with the same name as an example.

Thanks for the info on displayMode capture.

Is anyone getting a black background image on the main project browser screen?

Is it just me, or is rectMode() messed up? When it suggests modes I can input, one item in the list is RADIUS. (Isn't that only for ellipseMode()?) Also, it only seems to work as CORNER for me...

@Simeon I have no idea how I got a project called Lines, I just know I have one (and I recognize the custom icon I set for it)

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

I'll look into rectMode(). Your user project wasn't overwritten, it should still be in your documents folder if you browse with iExplorer. The examples are stored in a separate folder called Examples.collection

@Simeon hate to say it, but I've once again seen instances of the editor problem where the location you tap doesn't line up with the edit point. I could touch the end of a line, but the cursor showed up in middle, and tap another line, but the cursor kept bouncing back to the old location. When typing, it almost seemed to be working as if on R to L text, with lines spitting out from cursor. Couldn't see what caused it (doesn't seem expressly related to editing long lines) but it's happened twice, both times in larger (500+ line) modules.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

Thank you @Mark. Please let me know if you are able to make it happen consistently. I'll try as well.

@Simeon Here's a strange one. I did an export of a large project, one I've exported and compiled numerous times. Only this time, when I unpacked the exported file, the main.lua file actually contains a very brief bit of code — a tiny bit of code that draws an ellipse, and nothing more. The original Main is still present in Codea, it just doesn't export.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

Thanks @Mark — will fix. I had a test file hanging around the template.

@Simeon I'm having trouble with an export. The code runs fine in Codea, it compiles fine in XCode, but as soon as I try to run the app, the runtime stops as If there has been an in-Lua failure (i.e. The side panel opens and buttons are displayed). However it seems to be failing at startup. Even a print statement in the first line of setup won't print. New behavior that's proving hard to debug.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@Mark is this happening with all projects or one specific project? If it's specific to your project then I could have a look for you.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

It seems to be working okay here (exported an example project and tested in the simulator/device). @Mark are you using the latest version of Xcode (6.1.1) ?

@Simeon yes. I'm up to date on XCode. I'd actually exported this project several times, including with the latest beta build, before I started running into this issue. I'm pushing things around, trying to find what's causing the issue. If I can't solve it soon, I'll send the export. If I do, you'll need to copy the contents of "backup" over "main" to get past the main being overwritten on export thing.

@Simeon I found the problem. It's related to sound assets.

My previous versions of the app had used only sounds from Sound Generator. These worked fine.

The latest version took advantage of some sound assets (among dozens of other changes). This version didn't work. I went back, changed the sounds to Sound Generator sounds, exported again, and it worked fine.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

So any asset sound effect causes the issue?

Can it not be played at any time? Or is it only if you play sounds right at the start?

I didn't play them right at the start, but including the call to them anywhere in the code seems to stop the app from getting through setup(). I'm experimenting to see if I can give more information.