Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with touchfunction

hey guys I'm working on an project, where you can write a text in a box and if you tap on a button the text would seaked out. But now I've got a problem with my code ( touchfunction ). I think the touchfuction of my project is a endless slope, so if you press the button, so if you press the button the speakword() function works more then one time and speak the text two or tree ... Times

So here is my code :) ::

function touched(touch)
if CurrentTouch.x > 0 and CurrentTouch.x < 768 and CurrentTouch.y > 380 and CurrentTouch.y < 880 then

showKeyboard()

elseif
    CurrentTouch.x > 259 and CurrentTouch.x < 509 and CurrentTouch.y > 150 and CurrentTouch.y < 250 then

speakWords()

elseif
    CurrentTouch.x > 700 and CurrentTouch.x < 780 and CurrentTouch.y > 874 and CurrentTouch.y < 946 then

words = ""

elseif
    CurrentTouch.x > 610 and CurrentTouch.x < 690 and CurrentTouch.y > 870 and CurrentTouch.y < 950 then

words = pasteboard.text
    end

end

It would be nice if somebody of you could help me with my problem :) that would be very nice
Thank you

Comments

• Whenever you tap the screen, the touched function runs twice. Once when the touch starts, and once when it ends. I fixed this by adding a statement check whether the state is ENDED (when the finger leaves the screen). Also, in the touched function, it's better to use touch rather than CurrentTouch.

function touched(touch)
        if touch.state==ENDED then
            if touch.x > 0 and touch.x < 768 and touch.y > 380 and touch.y < 880 then
                showKeyboard()
            elseif
            touch.x > 259 and touch.x < 509 and touch.y > 150 and touch.y < 250 then
                speakWords()
            elseif
            touch.x > 700 and touch.x < 780 and touch.y > 874 and touch.y < 946 then
                words = ""
            elseif
            touch.x > 610 and touch.x < 690 and touch.y > 870 and touch.y < 950 then          
                words = pasteboard.text
            end
        end
    end

• Wow thank you very much for your fast and very helpful answer :) it works very very good :D Tank you

• edited March 2015 Posts: 316

I also find it useful to place touch functions within an if statement to create menus at different stages of my game or app.

E.g.

function touched (touch)
      if gamestate == menu then
        if touch.state etc.....
      elseif gamestate == play then
        if touch.state etc...
      elseif gamestate == gameover then
        if touch.state etc...
      end
    end