Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[fixed, sorry for the scare :D] Is Apple now blocking Codea-made apps? (hope not... hope not...)

edited May 2015 in Questions Posts: 277

Hello, I know (hope) this is potentially not a strictly Codea-related question, but I've been receiving this email from Apple when submitting to the app store. I had no issue with this until two days ago:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30126144/error-while-submitting-app-to-itunes-connect-invalid-signature-code-object-i

Here's the full message, it specifically mentions the codea directory:

Invalid Signature - Code object is not signed at all. The binary at path [churningseas.app/churningseas.codea] contains an invalid signature. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target.

Do you think Apple could be blocking Codea-made apps? This would be absolutely horrible...

Tagged:

Comments

It gives you this error when trying to submit the app? I'll be submitting another game today or tomorrow, we will see if I get the same problem.

Yes, I submit, all goes well, and 5 minutes after the upload is done, I receive this email... Let me know what you get, fingers crossed this is only a dumb issue on my side.

• edited May 2015 Posts: 300

It must be something wrong in the xcode part, it would be helpful to see what your info tab looks like, that is the only tab that I really do anything with when I submit. I don't touch any of the build settings stuff, it's normally set up as it should be. Did you mess with the stock appdelegate.mm file or any of the files that codea exports?

• edited May 2015 Posts: 300

I believe that is the problem. For Bundle Name and Bundle Display Name change it to Churning Seas. For Bundle Identifier change it to com.Boucastral.churningseas (may be case sensitive).

When I submit, I only touch that info tab doing what I said above, and the general tab.

Would that be it? But doesn't ${PRODUCT_NAME} means it fills it up automatically?

It should, but I've had problems with it, so I do it manually.

• edited May 2015 Posts: 216

Edit: Nevermind, viewed stackoverflow link

• edited May 2015 Posts: 277

oooook, actually, re-downloading provisioning profiles and removing duplicate certificates in the keychain manager did it for me... weird. I'm sorry for the scare (last minute submitting-soon paranoia syndrome I guess :D). The whole "The binary at path [churningseas.app/churningseas.codea] contains an invalid signature" made me nervous...

Hello,

I have the same issue, and have not found a solution.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Here is the full message :
    Invalid Signature - Code object is not signed at all. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target. For more information, please consult https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/Security/Conceptual/CodeSigningGuide/Introduction/Introduction.html

Cheers,
    Xavier.

Hello,

It seems that the lead to solve this issue is that with an update from Apple, now, some files/directories need to be code signed.
    We are looking into it and will post anything we discover, but if someone already encountered and solved the same issue, please help ! :)

Cheers,
    Xavier.