Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with making an login screen.

in General Posts: 8

Hello, I am a beginner and trying since a month to get an login screen programmed.
I want to ask you to help me and give me some example.

I want 2 input boxes, when you touch it, the input box must change the color in a darker color.
Further I want to save the input in two different variables cause the different input, in password and username.
I have more things but this is for the first step enough.

Thank you for helping me!

Comments

• dave1707dave1707 Mod
    edited May 2015 Posts: 9,584

@SvCoder Here's something I had, but it isn't exactly what you're asking for. You could make minor changes to suit your needs. Tap a box then enter a value. You can press RETURN to accept the input or just tap another box. The values you input are in the variable self.str for each input box. You can add as many input boxes as you want.

function setup() dtab={} table.insert(dtab,input(200,HEIGHT-100,150,30,"username")) table.insert(dtab,input(200,HEIGHT-200,150,30,"password")) showKeyboard() end function draw() background(40, 40, 50) for d=1,#dtab do dtab[d]:draw() end end function keyboard(k) for d=1,#dtab do dtab[d]:keyboard(k) end end function touched(t) for d=1,#dtab do dtab[d]:touched(t) end end input = class() function input:init(x,y,w,h,n) self.x=x; self.y=y; self.width=w; self.height=h self.left=x-self.width/2; self.right=x+self.width/2; self.bottom=y-self.height/2; self.top=y+self.height/2 self.color=color(143, 166, 172, 255) self.str=n self.selected=false end function input:draw() rectMode(CENTER) strokeWidth(0) if self.selected then stroke(255,0,0) strokeWidth(4) end fill(self.color) rect(self.x,self.y,self.width,self.height) if self.str~="" then fill(10, 9, 9, 255) text(self.str,self.x,self.y) end end function input:touched(t) if t.state==BEGAN then if t.x>self.left and t.x<self.right then if t.y>self.bottom and t.y<self.top then for c=1,#dtab do if dtab[c].selected then buffer=dtab[c].str end dtab[c].selected=false end self.selected=true self.str="" end end end end function input:keyboard(k) if self.selected then if k==RETURN then self.selected=false buffer=self.str elseif k==BACKSPACE then self.str=string.sub(self.str,1,#self.str-1) else self.str=self.str..k end end end

@dave1707 Thank you, but when I run this code, there only a dark blue background without fields, so what should I do to get the rect() on the screen?
    I tried much but no result,

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@SvCoder Sorry. I always use my iPad in the Portrait position, but since it was just a quick example, I didn't think about Landscape. I change the above code to use either Portrait or Landscape mode. Try the above code again.