Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FYI: You can now install your Codea apps onto iPhones etc without a paid dev account

edited September 2015 in Suggestions Posts: 2,020

EDIT: Do not update to Xcode 7 if you intend to publish to the App Store until this issue has been fixed. Make sure background application updating is switched off on your Mac.

You need a Mac, XCode 7 (which up until a week or so ago was only available as a beta to people with paid developer accounts), and a free developer account.

I just put one of my Codea projects onto my iPhone and it worked great.

I had to turn off "enable bitcode" as described here: http://codea.io/talk/discussion/6874/solved-problems-with-xcode#latest

Give it a go, it's a great feeling.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited September 2015 Posts: 211

@yojimbo2000 one more information:

If you are using something like openUrl, Xcode will warn that http is not security. So, you need to do this:

Info tab -> Add the key App Transport Security Settings, type Dictionary -> key Allow Arbitrary Loads, type Boolean, value YES

Thanks for the tip @erickyamato

I've noticed that in iOS9, the first time you use openURL for app switching, it gives you a warning dialog. It seems to remember your response though, because each subsequent openURL executes without the warning.

You can't submit to the App Store (of course) with a free account, but also it seems you cannot perform the pre-submission validation checks with a free account. So it's possible that your app could run fine on the iPhone, but still not meet submission requirements (I think).

• @yojimbo2000, you cn't submit because you need have a certified (.p12) and another stuffs.

• you are quite right @yojimbo2000! :(

• @yojimbo2000 do you have any idea if you can publish it to your own iOS 8 device or does it have to be an iOS 9 device?

That's a very good question. Both of my devices are iOS 9 now so I can't check I'm afraid.

• ok, thx anyways, I hope someone else figures this out soon tho, would be nice to know

Do not update to Xcode 7 if you intend to publish to the App Store until this issue has been fixed. Make sure background application updating is switched off on your Mac.