It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Yep, I know there might be many reasons after coding several 10k lines which perform many animations in my game but after trying a lot of debugging/optimizing my code, I found no solution to the following problem:
The Codea runtime quits my app after some time.
(It seems not Codea itself that crashes, it just quits my running app in Codea without any errors given)
My developing environment details:
• I'm developing on an iPad Air2 using BBEdit on OSX 10.9.5 via copy/paste to Air Code.
• This happens since around last quarter of 2015 when I updated from iOS 8.x to 9.x and Codea was also updated to the recent version ( 2.3.2(61) ). It never happened before these updates.
• No, I didn't verify if the problem goes away after compiling with recent Xcode, because I have not updated to latest El Capitan by now.
After hardly verifying my code for stupid mistakes, I'm simply lost now and hope to get some ideas from you guys:
• Did I missed some kind of manual garbage collection I should include in my code? (collectgarbage("count") returns always only +/- 1MB in my app)
• Could it be iOS 9.x which stops it because of power consumption? (I optimized my code carefully for this)
• Does anyone else has similar experiences?
• Any ideas whatever to try else?
Thanks a lot for your time and help,
PS: Found https://codea.io/talk/discussion/7376/what-can-make-codea-just-crash-out#latest but couldn't resolve the problem with the provided comments.