Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Copy output results?

edited February 2017 in Questions Posts: 112

I am trying to figure out how to copy the entire output texts of a program by copying it to the clipboard
I am trying some thing like this, pasteboard.copy(output)
Can "output" not be used like this? Thanks

Comments

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

Where is your output coming from. Are you putting text to the screen or are you printing data to the output panel.

• @EvanDavis you may have to rename your variable. Output is already a table offered by Codea. You can only use pasteboard.copy() for an image or a string
  • Printing data to the output

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

You can keep appending the data you're printing to a string variable and at the end do a pasteboard.text=string variable. Without knowing what you're printing and how much you're printing, that's what I can suggest so far.

• Alright, let me play around with it for a min and I'll see what I can do, thanks for the help @dave1707

If you're just talking about copying what gets printed to the console, it's not terribly obvious, but that gets copied if you just single tap on it.
  • dave1707dave1707 Mod

As @yojimbo2000 said, you can tap on a print value in the output panel. But you can only copy one print at a time. If you want to copy all of the print values at once, then when you do a print, also insert it into a table. At the end, do a print table.concat, then all of the print information will be in one section that can be copied to the pasteboard with one tap.