Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Codea Craft - Now Available

JohnJohn Admin Mod
edited October 2017 in Codea Craft Posts: 622

Codea 2.5 - Craft Update is now available!

Our biggest update ever including:
* Scene - Advanced 3D Engine
* Models - Import and Load 3D Models
* Physics - 3D Rigidbody Physics
* Voxels - Generate and Render Huge Procedural Worlds
* ARKit - Augmented Reality*

alt text
alt text
alt text

Also included are 16 new examples, full documentation, improved keyboard support and hundreds of 3D assets.

alt text

Create anywhere with Codea.

Comments

• May god send a thousand Angels to aid your comfort in his holy will...god bless you two lives left✝

• em2em2
    edited October 2017 Posts: 194

This looks awesome! I've been waiting for this for a long time.

• Stupid question: just updated, but didn't get those nice fancy "get started" dialogues - any way to call those up?

• em2em2

Alas! AR kit is not supported on my device! Apple must be phasing out the iPad air 2 line...
    @pjholden I don't think they come up automatically. You have to open the sidebar, scroll all the way to the bottom, and tap on the "Get Started" button or something similar.

• em2em2

I guess my knowledge of 3D mesh is useless now...

• Found it! Thanks em2!

• edited October 2017 Posts: 2

@em2 ARKit basically requires an A9 processor or better. Too bad Apple doesn't seem keen on releasing an A9 iPad mini for $299 or something.

• em2em2
    edited October 2017 Posts: 194

@scribbleon I knew that, but what if Apple is only allowing >= A9 devices to run it to encourage buyers? My iPad's speed is decent—I don't see why they wouldn't allow my processor too, unless it's for that reason.

• Thanks again two lives left

• If I may say so I think your ideas are far more generous than apples... Like David and galieth

• Not that David was generous but I can definitely see the similarities

Why codea craft can't run on my iPad?always shown "bitset to_ulong overflow error'........"
    My iPad is ipad2 WiFi only.
  • dave1707dave1707 Mod

@seedey See the discussion Codea Craft 2.5 (90).

Ok thx @dave1707
    Is Codea craft right hand rule coordinate system? And what is default up Vector? Is the vec3:cross(vec3) function also using right hand rule?