Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Codea Craft 2.5.1 (93)

dave1707dave1707 Mod
edited October 2017 in Codea Craft Posts: 7,521

Post any bug here.

Comments

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

When doing a search and tapping a found word, sometimes it takes you to the correct line, and sometimes it take you back to the beginning of the code. Still doesn’t work right.

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

If I go to Files and tap on a Codeaprojects.zip file, it opens in Codea, but Codea doesn’t show any files to import. It used to work when I had the zip files stored in iCloud before iOS 11 screwed things up with the Files app.

• There seems to be a problem with the skybox, specular, standard, and voxel shaders in the Materials section of the Shader Lab.

They won't run because each one of them reports an error, though it seems like the errors are all in different places.

The other two Materials shaders don't report errors, but they don't do anything else, either, for me, but that may be just because it takes a while to render them.

• edited October 2017 Posts: 557

If you programmatically set a project icon that is not square, when you choose "duplicate project" that image bleeds past the icon boundaries.

Examples:

http://flic.kr/p/Yk37R2
    http://flic.kr/p/CfbNSJ

(Btw, I tried to follow this syntax for posting inline images but I wasn't able to make it work: https://codea.io/talk/discussion/1896/forum-syntax-for-text-decoration-cheatsheet#Item_8)

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod
    edited October 2017 Posts: 4,886
    @UberGoober thanks for this report. Will fix
  • SimeonSimeon Admin Mod
    @dave1707 I’ll look into the files issue. Is the zip file the result of an "Export All Projects" or something else?
  • dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Simeon It’s the Codea export projects zip file. I used to be able to import the zip file into Codea and it would show me a list of all my projects and allow me to select a project for import. That was with iCloud and once iOS 11 used Files, it never worked anymore.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@dave1707 that could be our bug! I'll look into it

• em2em2

Dropbox sync does not work on LTE.

• em2em2
    edited October 2017 Posts: 194

Sticking an alert in draw will activate it over and over, making the project unusable. Before, if I'm not mistaken, alerts would pause drawing.

A solution would be a processing-esque noLoop or pause function.

• em2em2
    edited October 2017 Posts: 194

Voxel editor:

• "rep" works with the line tool, but "del" doesn't.
  • JohnJohn Admin Mod

@UberGoober The craft shaders are currently unsupported in Shader Lab (they won't render or compile). This is because they have a number of meta options and settings that are not exposed in Shader Lab as of yet. I want to add this but it will require a major overhaul.

• em2em2

Build 94 is now available. What's new?

• em2em2

@John for now, could they at least be excluded from the options?

• RdoRdo

model:positions(index)
    returns only one of the xyz vectors.
    Not really sure which it might be the x value.

According to the documentation if you only use the index its supposed to return all 3 vectors x,y, and z.

• em2em2

@Rdo vec3?

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod
    @em2 they should be excluded for the options, good point. I'll make sure they are
  • SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@dave1707 if I export all projects, save the zip to Files.app, then open the zip in Codea it gives me a list of projects to import. What happens for you?

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Simeon I was trying to import from a zip file that I saved before iOS 11 to the iCloud Drive. When Codea opens with that zip file, I would get the prompt shown below, but none of the projects would show after waiting a long time. I tried doing another export to see if a current zip file would work, but that zip file is showing a size of 54.9 MB, so I didn’t save it. The file size of my old zip file showing in Files is 7.5 MB. What all are you saving in the zip file. If I save all of my projects as one text file using my backup program, the size is about 1.4 MB . I have about 10 MB of other text files currently in my Dropbox folder. Is the 54.9 MB going to be the correct size of the zip file or am I pulling in multiple zip files from previous exports that included other zip files that I can’t see anywhere. It would be nice to be able to see every file that’s in the Dropbox and Documents folder if you aren’t already showing them. I don’t know why that zip file is so big.

• edited October 2017 Posts: 1,185

Hi @dave1707,

Not sure what is saved and have in the past mentioned my preference for saving text files only and project icon. What I was hoping wouldn’t be stored would be graphic and audio files. I thought the project files were saved as Xcode ready which could possibly include graphics etc.

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Bri_G Shouldn’t need to save anything that comes with Codea because that stuff can be restored by re-loading Codea. If the zip files continue to be that big, I’ll just keep using my backup/restore to save my projects.

@dave1707,
    Is that so? so all the inbuilt assets are present only as links. OK.
    What about the backgrounds, sprites etc, spritesheets, textures that are loaded from Dropbox, iCloud, Box, webpages etc. ?

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Bri_G I don’t know what all get saved in the zip files. I’m not part of the Codea team so I don’t know what they do or how they do it. I’m just saying for my own projects I save them in one big text file. I can restore one or as many of my projects that I select. I don’t worry about all of that other stuff because I only use what’s supplied with Codea. It’s still nice to use their zip files, but if they’re 55 MB, that’s too big to mess with.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod
    @dave1707 the "Export All Projects" options just zips up the contents of your Documents directory excluding the example projects. Exporting a single project as zip just zips the project directory, including any project-level assets in the folder. I wonder if there is something in your documents folder that is preventing import from working.
  • dave1707dave1707 Mod
    edited October 2017 Posts: 7,521

@Simeon I exported 1 project to a zip file and saved it in Files which showed it with a size of 668 KB. When I tap on the zip file in Files, it opens Codea and just shows what's in the image below.

EDIT: I have a few projects that begin with a . (period) so they stay at the front of the alpha sort list.

EDIT1: I renamed all of my projects that begin with a . to begin with a 00 . I exported a project to a zip file and I got the same results as the image below.

• dave1707dave1707 Mod
    edited October 2017 Posts: 7,521

@Simeon I did another export projects to see if I could figure out why my zip file size was 54.9 MB . I used iZip to look thru the zip file and I came across something I don’t understand. See the 2 images below. What is Inbox in the first image and why do I have 4 10.4 MB zip files in it. I probably did the project exports at some point trying to get things to work, but where is Inbox so I can delete those zip files.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@dave1707 oh! Inbox is the temporary folder iOS creates when files get passed into an app via URL. We definitely should ignore that folder when "Export All Projects" is pressed. Thank you for catching that bug.

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Simeon Not including Inbox in the zip is fine, but how do I delete the files that are there. That’s 40 MB of junk. Is there a way to make the Inbox accessible from Codea so they can deleted. I'm just wondering how many other temporary files iOS uses that are filled with junk that can’t be deleted. When I go to settings and select iPad storage, the area shown as other is about 4 times the size of everything else.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@dave1707 I'm making Codea delete that folder regularly now. You could probably delete it via the Files app as well.

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Simeon I don’t see it in Files. In Files, if I do a search for any thing with an In, I get a lot of Info Files which are property lists and a lot of other files with the letters In, but no Inbox.

• em2em2

@Simeon what do you mean? Is it supposed to be a location in Files?

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@em2 @dave1707 the folder "Inbox" is created when you attempt to import a project or files into Codea from another app.

iOS copies the file into Codea's Documents/Inbox folder, then opens the Codea app and passes it a URL to that folder. Codea then imports the files into its Documents folder. I had incorrectly assumed that since iOS created the Inbox folder, it would delete it. But it doesn't. We'll remove that folder when you Export All Projects. And I think in a later build we might just remove the folder after every import.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

Closing this thread. Discussion moved here https://codea.io/talk/discussion/8811/codea-2-5-1-95

This discussion has been closed.