Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

direction of craft spotlight?

edited November 23 in Codea Craft Posts: 204
@John i don’t seem to be able change the direction of the SPOT type of light? According to the reference this should be controlled by the orientation of its associated Entity. By setting the Entity eulerAngles i can define the Entity orientation, but the spotlight is unaffected and is always pointing downwards. I wonder what i am doing wrong?

By the way, the Entity.scale parameter seems to also affect the spot light, is that intentional? does this mean the spotlight source has a physical extension?
Tagged:

Comments

• JohnJohn Admin Mod

@piinthesky This sounds odd I'll have to test it. By the looks of the code, the scale of the entity is an issue that needs to be taken into account.

@John did you get a chance to investigate the craft spotlight orientation issue? I am now at the stage in my project that i would like to implement this. Many thanks.

• JohnJohn Admin Mod

@piinthesky I've found and fixed both the scaling and rotation bugs. This fix will be in the next release of Codea.

thanks, looking forward to the next release!