Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to fix sound's not playing, only fix I know is closing Codea

in Questions Posts: 111

So when a project starts, all sounds are working. I play a lot of different sounds. Some sounds no longer work. The only solution is to double-tap home and close Codea. It's pretty fast to happen. Does anyone know why? This is really annoying.

This doesn't just happen with sounds I imported, but also in Sounds Plus or the Sound generator. I play around for a few minutes and sounds stop working.

I've not tried on simulator or other iPad, though I used to have this problem on my other iPad (it's now broken).

Device is.. I think iPad Air 2, one of the T-Mobile models

Comments

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

Can you write a simple program that causes this problem and post it. You don’t say how you play the sounds and what you do to play a lot of different sounds.

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Simeon Here’s something I ran into when I was looking at the above problem. Tapping in the () of the sound command below brings up the Asset screen. Select Sound Generator. Tap either the right or left arrow of Power Up. You hear a power up sound. Wait until the sound stops and try another. If you wait until each sound stops, there aren’t any problems as you tap an arrow. Next try tapping the arrow fast and eventually you’ll start hearing a banging sound along with the power ups. Now if you tap the arrow slowly, you’ll still hear the banging sound with the power up. So far I haven’t lost any sounds, but I have to totally exit Codea to correct the banging. @xThomas What I’m running into is probably related to the problem you’re having. The sound function is probably getting messed up.

function setup()
        sound()
    end

@dave1707 @Simeon Is there a way to check if a sound is already playing?

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

If you do something like this,

s=sound("Game Sounds One:Crowd Cheer")

s will be nil if nothing is playing.