Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

“Close Project” Crash

One of my projects crashes often (not all the time) when I use the close() function. Is there a general reason it crashes? It doesn’t seem to be a glitch on Codea’s part...

Comments

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@MalikWilburn Nice Find. When I try programs with close() in it, they crash every time. @Simeon The close function crashes Codea in both versions 118 and 120.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@MalikWilburn @dave1707 good find, will fix!

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

This code seems OK for me, does it crash for you?

function setup()
        print("Hello World!")

parameter.action("Close Runtime", function()
            close()
        end)
    end

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Simeon The above code crashes all the time on my iPad Air with ver 118 and my iPad Pro ver 120.

• dave1707dave1707 Mod
    edited December 1 Posts: 7,155

@Simeon A little more testing with the above code. If I run the code and I return to the editor using the icon in the lower left then run the program and press the Close Runtime button, it doesn’t crash. It seems to crash if close() is the first to exit the program.

PS. A little more testing. The crash seems to occur after a fresh startup of Codea. If there’s a successful close, the program can be closed and restarted and closed() without a crash.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@dave1707 odd, I can't get that example to crash even on a clean load of Codea.

Might try on other devices too

Similar on my iPad Air 2

@Simeon - same on iPad Pro.

@simeon the code crashes for me on ipad pro

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

Thanks everyone, the App Store version of Codea crashes for me too with the above code, but the beta version of 2.6.2 does not. So perhaps this is fixed.

Might still look into what it was though.