Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shade - Pro Shader Editing on your iOS Device - Now Available

2»

Comments

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@Bri_G you can set the blend mode of a craft.material to NORMAL, ADDITIVE or MULTIPLY

Give this a try? Not sure if the exported shader from Shade configures this aspect of the material. Otherwise @John will know more

local m = craft.material("Your Hologram")
    m.blendMode = ADDITIVE

@Simeon - tried that out ADDITIVE, NORMAL both had no effect. MULTIPLY made the whole screen darker. Possibly the condition is built into the Shader. Thanks for the heads up.

@Simeon @John - just got a funny from Shade, playing about with a texture asset link onto a texture node when I disconnected I accidentally dragged the linking cord onto the reference window. It stuck there, I could pull the node away and the cord just stretched. Don’t think there was another node under the reference window as not visible on mini map.

• JohnJohn Admin Mod

@Bri_G the blend mode should be configured by the material automatically. Can you post some screenshots of what you are seeing?

@Simeon - I closed the shader down and when I reloaded it the issue wasn't there. 'll try to duplicate and post what I find.

@John - you’ll probably get a lot of these from me as I tend to connect everything to everything, at the moment, to see what happens. See the attached photo from my latest error - probably down to my lack of understanding.

• JohnJohn Admin Mod

@Bri_G I think that's caused by adding two texture objects together. It shouldn't really be a allowed by the editor but in general it makes no sense to ever do something like that.

I think there is probably thousands of ways to build invalid shaders, a lot of those are due to bugs and some are just illogical constructs that cannot compile.

@John - thanks you hit the mark with illogical I've just been playing round to see what connections are possible and the effects of them. Seem to remember some distortion adding texture to texture - is there an unintended merging effect?

Think I've asked before but what's the best way to read a 2D height map?
    @John - another quick question, when alerted to an error, in the output window, it prompts to tap the alert to get details. In doing that you seem to get a listing in the references window. Is this Codea compatible shader code?

@John i am bugging you again-sorry! Just wondering if you had time to think any more about the disintegration shader with craft, we discussed earlier on this thread.

• AnatolyAnatoly Mod

Honestly, this is great. UI - best, speed - best. Two Lives Left, prove me you're earthlings! This is the best software design I have ever seen. All needs fulfilled. Great job, @Simeon @John!! (Why have I missed this topic?)

• JohnJohn Admin Mod

@piinthesky I'll see if I can dig up the graph and model I originally used.