Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

[Shade] Infinite loop causes crash and corrupted save file

in Bugs Posts: 5

I found a bug in Shade that crashes the shader if you create an infinite loop.
The image shows you how to reproduce.

I was working on a file and accidentally did this and now whenever I open the file, there's a blank canvas and closing the shader crashes the app. I wasn't able to reproduce the file corruption but I did upload the problematic file.

Not sure if this is the right place for a Shade bug report but this is where the app pointed me to.

Tagged:

Comments

• JohnJohn Admin Mod

Hi @jf909 yes this is fine to use this forum for any Shade related stuff. Thanks for the bug report, I'll put in a check for infinite loops for the next update. I'll see if I can fix that file for you as well.

• JohnJohn Admin Mod

Ok, I've added cycle detection to the graph loader so any broken shaders will now open (minus the cycle causing connection). I'll also put in a check when creating connections so that anything causing a cycle will fail to connect.

This also fixed your shader which I've attached. You'll still be able to break it with cycles until the next update though :open_mouth:

That’s great to hear and thank you very much!