Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camera and missing permission

in Questions Posts: 31

So I've installed Codea for the first time and browse through the examples. (So cool!)
Then I come to the "Camera" example, but it doesn't run, because "Camera functionality is not available or not authorized on this device".

I get it, there needs to be some permission missing - but I can't seem to find the relevant setting on my iPad. Any help?

Tagged:

Comments

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Bejoscha What device are you running Codea on. You might have to go to the Codea app in Settings and check a box to allow Codea to use the camera.

@dave1707 Thanks. That was where I was looking. But the iPad app settings for Codea only set Siri&Search and Document Storage. I'm using IOS 12.3.1 on a iPad Air 2.

I have also checked the "Privacy/Camera" setting where App requesting access show up. Codea doesn't show there though.

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Bejoscha Here's what I have on my iPad Air. It's also the same thing on my iPad Pro. They're both on iOS 12.3.1 . There must be something else somewhere to set.

@dave1707 Hmm. I also don't have the Microphone setting - but I likely never requested anything requiring it yet. I wonder if it doesn't show up because IOS has not recognized Codea "requesting" the camera yet... Just how to force that then?

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Bejoscha The camera setting should have been asked the first time you tried to use the camera with Codea. I did a search and it said there was 2 ways to allow the camera. The first was the first time you try to use the camera in an app. The second was to go to Settings and the app name and allow the camera there. I'm not sure why you don't have the camera or microphone settings for Codea.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@Bejoscha do you perhaps have any other limitations on your device? Like is it enrolled in a school or part of an MDM type system? That's a really unusual issue and I hope it's something we can fix for you