Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

ElapsedTime

dave1707dave1707 Mod
edited September 2012 in Bugs Posts: 9,612

@ Simeon

Did something change with ElapsedTime. Here is a small example. This program takes about 6 seconds to run, but all 3 values for ElapsedTime are the same and nowhere near 6 seconds. See example output that I included at the end.

function setup()     et1=ElapsedTime -- program start          for x=1,100 do        print(x)     end          et2=ElapsedTime -- halfway thru          for x=1,100 do        print(x)     end          et3=ElapsedTime -- program end          print("\n\nElapsedTime") print(et1)     print(et2)     print(et3)     end function draw()     background(40, 40, 50) end --[[ output showing the ElapsedTime I get 96 97 98 99 100 ElapsedTime 0.135546 0.135546 0.135546 --]]

Comments

.@Dave1707, this is because ElapsedTime is only updated after (or before) the draw loop, kind of like the CurrentTouch variable, I remember there was some talk about making it update sub-frame, but you would notice this would happen as it would become a function (think about that you cant interrupt a function to change a variable), and it would have a different name, as to keep compatibility with older code.
    Jordan