Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to make circles disappear and reappear.

edited June 2013 in Suggestions Posts: 4

Hello! I'm completely new to this and I need some help. I want to make a game where a white circle pops up in a random place and you have to try to touch it before it disappears. I really appreciate for the help! Thank you!

Comments

• dave1707dave1707 Mod
    edited June 2013 Posts: 7,834

. @Jenny_Se See this program I wrote back in November.

http://twolivesleft.com/Codea/Talk/discussion/1874#Item_12

Thank you so much! That was really helpful! If you don't mind, can I ask you another question? How did you make the circles disappear and can they disappear faster as well?

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

In this section of code, I keep subtracting 1 from showLimit. If showLimit <=1, I stop drawing the circle else I draw the circle with the ellipse command. Each time you tap the circle in time, I draw another circle with the size 1 less than the previous one. So as you keep tapping the circles, they get smaller and you have less time to tap them. If you don't tap a circle in time, the game is over.

if start then         if mainLoop==0 then             limit=limit-1             xc=math.random(limit,WIDTH-limit)             yc=math.random(limit,HEIGHT-limit)             radius=limit             showLimit=limit              mainLoop=100         else             mainLoop=mainLoop-1             if  showLimit<=1 then                 if xc~=-100 then                     highScore=true                     start=false                 end             else                 showLimit=showLimit-1                 stroke(0,255,0)                 strokeWidth(2)                 noFill()                 ellipse(xc,yc,limit*2,limit*2)                 fill(0,255,0)                 strokeWidth(0)                 ellipse(xc,yc,showLimit*2,showLimit*2)                 end         end            end
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 4

Thank you! You were really helpful!!

• dave1707dave1707 Mod
    edited June 2013 Posts: 7,834

.@Jenny_Se Here is a simpler version. Maybe this will help more.

displayMode(FULLSCREEN) function setup()     hit=0     missed=0     createCircle() end function draw()     background(40, 40, 50)     fontSize(40)     fill(255)     if rad>1 then         ellipse(x,y,rad) --draw circle         rad=rad-1     else         createCircle()         missed = missed + 1     end     str=string.format("Hit  %d     Missed  %d",hit,missed)     text(str,WIDTH/2,HEIGHT-50)     text("Try to hit the circle",WIDTH/2,HEIGHT-100) end function touched(t)     if t.state==BEGAN then         if (t.y-y)^2/rad^2+(t.x-x)^2/rad^2 <= 1 then -- circle tapped             createCircle()             hit = hit + 1         end     end end function createCircle()     rad=70 --size of circle     x=math.random(25,WIDTH-25)     y=math.random(25,HEIGHT-25) end

Oh, I see! Yeah, this was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!!