Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pleas do it

edited September 2013 in General Posts: 69

Comments

We're not going to upload your app for you. If you really put time into an app, you should be able to pay $99 for it. Not only is no one here probably willing to do it, it's also against the App Store submission guidelines. Please upload it yourself.
    Thanks!

• IgnatzIgnatz Mod

I think he's saying he's paid $99 but doesn't know how to upload the app to the mac and go from there.

The question is whether his English is good enough to understand any explanation we provide (I don't mean that as a criticism, I admire people who have to program in English when they don't know it very well).

• edited September 2013 Posts: 2,820

@Ignatz - You bring up a good point I haven't though of before. It's not like you can use Google Translate on code.

• shut up i now things you dosn't now it
    I think you are unpolite

• IgnatzIgnatz Mod
    edited September 2013 Posts: 5,396

Mohammad - we aren't being impolite. We are trying to help you.

We understand your English is not good, and that makes it difficult for you to explain your problem, and for us to give you an answer you can understand. That's all we said.

What is your language? Maybe somebody here speaks it, and can help you.

• ok
    now i have made 3 apps and i make it by codea and xcode

my language is arabic
    iam from qatar but our teachers in the school they can not speak will and they can not talk english
    thats is

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

I thought this looked familiar. See the link below, this will give more info.

http://twolivesleft.com/Codea/Talk/discussion/2988/retry-button#Item_30

• IgnatzIgnatz Mod

I doubt that Mohammad understood what Andrew said, it was quite complicated!

We need an Arabic speaker to help him, I suggest, it is too hard otherwise

• edited September 2013 Posts: 157

@Zoyt are you saying that people can't act as a publisher? If you have some time, could you show me the ToS clause on that? I have a project in mind, but it's no good if you can't act as a publisher.

• @Mohammad_abumoosa no one is going to help you if you are rude to them.

Do you have a Mac computer? That's required to publish to the app store. Without a Mac, you will need to find a friend with a Mac and have them publish the app for you using your account.

@tomxp411 Actualy, I do think it's possible. I looked at what it would take to form a kind of "code co-op" at one point, but Apple does insist on one person (company) more or less holding the legal bag both for liability and taxes.

If people want to put out a free app, that's easy enough (and within bounds, I'm willing to help) but for paid apps, I suspect the accounting hassles might make it a bit of a problem.

• @tomxp he is not being rude and no offense to him he might not understand all of what we are saying and he might use the wrong word accidentally.

• @Mark Yeah, I started making a list of what it would take to safely publish for other people.

tl;dr: don't. Not on your own developer account.

1. Taxes: Someone has to pay income tax on the app store money. Apple will 1099 you, and you'll then have to pay the taxes yourself and collect from your developer.

2. Liability: it only takes one lawsuit to ruin your life. A good friend of mine is in the middle of a $1.4 MILLION lawsuit because he had to kick someone out of his non-profit organization. You do NOT want to be on the wrong end of a suit involving a privacy policy violation or something similar.

3. Time: you may think you're only spending 10 minutes to help a friend, but soon you've got tech support requests, updates, and all kinds of other stuff to mess with.

The only way I could see publishing apps for someone else is if they have their own developer account, and you use their credentials to upload the compiled app. In that case, you would be simply acting as their agent or employee in the matter. They would get paid by Apple, and they would be on the hook for legal issues. They would also pay you for your time, based on whatever terms you set up.

Now as far as HELPING @Mohammad_abumoosa, there's nothing wrong with that. Just as long as he pays for his own developer account. Using your account to upload his app to the app store is just asking for trouble.

• edited September 2013 Posts: 139

Translating last paragraph.
    لا يوجد شيء خطأ في ذلك . كما فقط طالما انه يدفع ل حسابه المطور الخاصة . باستخدام الحساب الخاص بك لتحميل التطبيق له إلى مخزن التطبيق هو فقط يسأل عن المتاعب .

@tomxp411
    If you read up he is not asking for an apple acount he has one but he dosnt know how to upload it.

إذا كنت تقرأ أنه لم يطلب ل حساب شركة آبل لديه واحدة ولكنه لا يعرف كيفية تحميله .

• He asked "can anyone upload my app." I based my response on that. If you're having PM discussions with him, then we don't really need to continue this thread, since you've got it covered.

@Mohammad_abumoosa Please look for help at https://developer.apple.com/devforums/

• @tomxp411, don´t be so sensitive, the boy really has no clue about many things. Relax ~O)

• The only reason I posted the manifesto above is that it just kind of dovetailed in to what I'd just finished discussing with some other people.

As far as being sensitive... I'm doing the best I can. I haven't actually published an app yet, although I've got my developer stuff squared away. (As soon as Tanks! is ready, it'll be up on the App Store - probably for free.)

Really, the Apple developer forums are the best place for him to get help for posting an app to the App Store. He's going to find a bigger audience - and probably more than a few people who speak his native language. That alone will make the task a lot easier.

• IgnatzIgnatz Mod

Actually, he needs Reefwings's tutorials on exporting to the App Store, but I doubt he'll be able to follow the explanation without some help with translation.

• @Mohammad_abumoosa maybe this will help.

ربما هذا سوف يساعد

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=en&tl=ar&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://twolivesleft.com/Codea/Talk/discussion/3526/pleas-do-it#Item_18&act=url

That is a Google Translate link to this page. It can translate whole web pages to another language.

وهذا هو الرابط ترجم جوجل لهذه الصفحة. فإنه يمكن ترجمة صفحات ويب كاملة إلى لغة أخرى.

You can also use http://translate.google.com/ and enter a phrase or the address of a web page.

يمكنك أيضا استخدام http://translate.google.com/ وإدخال عبارة أو عنوان صفحة ويب.

@Ignatz, do you have the URL for the tutorials? We could give him the translator URL... it's not perfect, but it's a start.

• And actually, I think I'm totally blowing those translated phrases, since Arabic appears to be a RTL language.

• IgnatzIgnatz Mod

Not only is it not going to translate coherently, but it will try to translate the code too, which will just make a mess

@Ignatz - Something is better than nothing. I swear I saw a forum plugin that puts Google Translate on forum topics. I'll research it later.

• @tom I'm basing it off the third comment from top

• @Mohammad_abumoosa هل يمكن ان توضح ما هي مشكلتك في اللغة العربية ، منذ كنت الواضح أفضل بكثير الناطقة في ذلك من اللغة الإنجليزية؟ ثم يمكننا استخدام مترجم جوجل لفهم ما تقوله ، لأن ألا يعني ، ولكن هذا النوع من الصعب أن نفهم ما كنت طالبا للحصول على مساعدة بسبب عدم الإنجليزية لغتك الأم . إذا كنت تستطيع مساعدتنا على الخروج ، يمكننا مساعدتك.

• IgnatzIgnatz Mod

OMG, SkyTheCoder has learned Arabic! What can't he do? ;)

• I just wish Google's Universal Translator spoke Klingon.

Given the history, and the inherent inaccuracy in using an automated translator, I would like to recommend that those who use a translator to post something should also post the original text.

• Translation
    I have a Mac but the specific year has ended And you think I do not know anything in English and ♥ But I know many things and I am now in Grade 7

وأنا أعلم أنك تعرف الاشياء في اللغة الإنجليزية ، وكان الصف 7 سنة جيدة بالنسبة لي . أنا في الصف 11 ولكن الآن الحفاظ على العمل الجيد . إذا كنت تحاول بجهد كاف لا شيء يمكن أن يمنعك من فعل ما تريد القيام به .

I know you know stuff in English and grade 7 was a good year for me. I'm in grade 11 now but keep the good work. If you try hard enough nothing can stop you from doing what you want to do.

• IgnatzIgnatz Mod

@Mnjk78lg =D>

@Mnjk78lg Was 7th grade really a good year for you? Mine sucked :|

• @Prynok Have you thought of homeschooling?

@SkyTheCoder Thats what I'm doing right now :)

@Mohammad_abumoosa Here are some things you could do:

Since your in 7th grade, I can see your problem. You don't have a job to pay the fee. But you could either do odd tasks around your neighborhood, or ask your parents to pay it if you think your app is really app-store ready.

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can put it on the app-store for free if you make the app free.

@ prynok first yes math was so fast no homework and the teacher loved me.
    And you have to pay 99 dollars for an app licence even if it is free.

Translating above comment.
    @ Mohammad_abumoosa وإليك بعض الأشياء التي يمكن القيام بها:

منذ الخاصة بك في الصف 7 ، أستطيع أن أرى مشكلتك . لم يكن لديك وظيفة لدفع رسوم . ولكن هل يمكن إما القيام بمهام غريبة حول منطقتكم، أو اطلب من والديك لدفع هذا الثمن إذا كنت تعتقد التطبيق الخاص بك هو حقا التطبيق متجر جاهزة.

• How i can put it on the App Store for free
    No problem I will make it for free
    But how And i have enrollment account on the developer center

• Apple has a strict policy on apps(I think they just do the 99 dollar app licence for more money) so you have to buy an app licence to put any type of app on the AppStore.
    The reason there is an app licence is because all apps submitted have to be checked so it gets rid of the trolls and the inappropriate apps. The app licence costs 99 US dollars a year.

أبل لديها سياسة صارمة على تطبيقات ( وأعتقد أنها تفعل الترخيص التطبيق الدولار 99 لمزيد من المال ) بحيث يكون لديك لشراء رخصة التطبيق لوضع أي نوع من التطبيق على أبستور .
    والسبب وجود ترخيص التطبيق لأن جميع التطبيقات المقدمة يتعين فحصها لذلك يتخلص من المتصيدون و تطبيقات غير لائقة. تكاليف الترخيص التطبيق 99 دولار امريكى سنويا .

• I now that but my app licence finish

• @Mohammad_abumoosa

Can you explain why you can't just put it on the App Store, then?

هل يمكن ان توضح لماذا لا يمكنك مجرد وضعها على المتجر ، ثم ؟

• dave1707dave1707 Mod
    edited September 2013 Posts: 8,665

It sounds like his $99 licence expired and he doesn't have another $99 to buy another.

• Oh... I thought he meant he got his app license...

In that case, I guess he just can't publish his app until he gets another $99...

• Is it $99/year for each app or once for the account?

• it's $99 per year for your account. You can post as many apps as you want, based on the spammy crap I see when looking for programming tools. (Those "on line compilers" are a joke and should be banned as non-functional.)

• Jmv38Jmv38 Mod
    edited September 2013 Posts: 3,297

What happens to the revenue of your past apps when you stop renewing the licence? Do you still get paid, or do they stop paying you?

• When your developer license expires, any apps you have on the App Store disappear. People can no longer purchase them. I don't know if people who have already purchased them can re-download apps or not.

That's a nice incentive for people to keep paying Apple each year ;)

• Jmv38Jmv38 Mod

Nice?... :-O :-(( :-L >:P [..]

Well, it probably does cost a lot to keep those servers up and running, and looking through the inappropriate apps, so I don't blame them.

• Jmv38Jmv38 Mod

Good point. Agreed.